|Date Posted||November 27, 2020|
Data Entry Specialist - COVID-19 Team Lead
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Data Entry Specialist - COVID-19 Team Lead for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN 46204
Position Title: Data Entry Specialist - COVID-19 Team Lead
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Expected Duration: 12 months contract
Shift: M- F: 8 am to 5 pm
Purpose of Position/Summary:
The purpose of this position is to minimize morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19 among Indiana residents by leading a team to conduct data entry activities within the state surveillance system, NBS. The scope of this position includes, but is not limited to: management and leadership of a full team of data entry staff, review of data quality and quality assurance procedures, reporting grant metrics and ensuring grant deliverables, assistance in surveillance, response and guidance to other aspects of the COVID-19 response teams.
* Manage a team which may consist of epidemiologists, public health investigators, data scientists and data entry staff.
* Maintain adequate staffing on the COVID-19 data entry team by conducting hiring and HR-related activities, including reviewing applicants, conducting interviews, and making hiring decisions
* Conduct training for COVID-19 data entry staff
* Maintain accurate and clear standard operating procedures regarding all data-entry activities and ensure staff are following procedures correctly
* Conduct routine quality assurance activities to ensure data entry activities are being conducted accurately and address any issues found
* Create and maintain staff schedules to ensure coverage is provided 7 days/week
* Process and review all manually received (faxed) COVID-19 records at client and maintain files in an orderly fashion
* Work with outside partners to obtain missing information, as needed
* Effectively communicate issues to the NBS/Surveillance Team Lead
* Assist in the development of program logic models and quality improvement projects
* Use leadership and systems thinking in planning and policy development
* Incumbent will work rotating days, including weekends and holidays
* Serve as a backup to other COVID-19 surveillance team leads
* Perform related duties as assigned.
A master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, biological sciences, or social sciences) and ≥ 2 years' relevant public health experience, OR
A doctoral-level degree in epidemiology or another relevant field, OR
A graduate or professional degree in a health-related field (e.g., RN, MD/DO, DDS/DMD, DVM, PhD, RS) with specific epidemiology training (e.g., MPH degree, CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service, or CSTE Applied Epidemiology Fellowship), OR
A bachelor's degree in a relevant field and ≥ 4 years of relevant public health experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Demonstrate ability to manage a team with multiple priorities and complex projects involving critical thinking and decision-making
* Ability to manage a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment and ensure team is set up for success
* Ability to make decisions quickly and independently
* Knowledge of the epidemiology and biology of infectious diseases.
* Knowledge of state laws and regulations as well as federal public health guidance documents pertaining to infectious diseases.
* Skill in identification of public health problems pertinent to Indiana residents.
* Ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of individuals and groups including field staff, health care providers, and local health departments.
* Ability to interpret information relative to epidemiologic investigations and prepare reports based on analysis of the information
* Effectively train staff on information relative to surveillance and data entry.
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 117708 when responding to this ad.