|Date Posted||April 3, 2021|
- Sells Company products to existing customers and prospects, via the telephone, fax, e-mail and web as well as answers incoming calls from customers and inputs all data accurately into the computer system.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required with suggested percentages of time to be allotted (where applicable). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs all duties demonstrating excellent customer service principles.
- Responds to an average of 40 customer connections or activities daily in the effort to keep the capture rate above 97% and Telephone sales Factor (TSF) above 90% and maintain maximum 48 hour turnaround time on all orders
- Available to customers on average 6 hours a day.
- Attends and participates in various departmental meetings.
- Maintains minimum departmental quality standards.
- Processes phone, fax, e-mail, voicemail, on-line orders & sample requests accurately, with appropriate customer information and pricing, into the database according to established database integrity guidelines.
- Updates account to reflect accurate and up-to-date information. Includes specific notes in system as customers' accounts are changed.
- Verifies and confirms all customer information such as contact name, organization name, enterprise number is unique by state, department, telephone number, e-mail address, correct billing & shipping addresses, and number of doctors in practice and corrects improper information. Sets up new accounts for new customers in the database following established guidelines.
- Researches the account in the computer if the customer does not have customer number available.
- Expedites rush orders & later checks the system to see if the rush orders or the hold has been shipped out.
- Looks for duplicate orders and quotes to prevent duplicate shipments.
- Constantly maintains a current, basic understanding of the product line.
- Up-sells and cross-sells products to all customers by informing them of new or existing products & cross sells complementary products to increase revenues and the success of marketing promotions.
- Will maintain a goal that is in accordance with the department's goal to increase up-selling & cross-selling efforts to meet 94 96% achievement of individual goal.
Supporting Other Departments:
- Gathers market information from customers on specific topics & furnishes this information to various departments. Examples include but are not limited to prompting customers to provide key codes, suffix codes, specific department and customer title information.
- Responds to customer inquiries about products & services such as price quotes, shipping time, discount information & faxes, sends or e-mails out information requested in a timely manner.
- Fulfills customer surveys accurately to maintain customers' satisfaction.
- Reports customer feedback including new product ideas.
- Provides customer with viable solutions that consider customer satisfaction, reduces expenses and increases revenues.
- Resolves customer complaints such as missed or short shipments by fully investigating the problem or concern.
- Completely fills out customer service forms to identify customer resolution.
- Tracks customer orders in an effort to keep customers informed of the status of their order and/or fills out carrier tracer requests to find out what happened to customer orders & follows up with the customer to let them know the status of their order.
- Submits customer service forms to be processed by Order Processing or Accounting Department.
- Completes other administrative tasks, such as travel and expense reporting or similar, in a timely manner.
- Performs responsibilities in a professional manner, meeting the Company's mission and goals.
- Uses the time reporting system appropriately and as directed each week.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data;
- Designs work flows and procedures; Demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Handles difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality;
- Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values;.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity;
- Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Handles competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one or more years related customer service/sales experience and/or training with transferable skills; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions and ability to accurately type at least 50 wpm.
- Soft-sell skills are a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Internet, Database software; Spreadsheet software (Excel) and Word Processing (Windows) software, and any other software as it may change from time to time. Must have quick and accurate keyboarding including typing skills of 35 wpm. 10 key by touch a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle customer complaints in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to organize information. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accomplish multiple duties simultaneously