|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
A COVID Support Rep is a non-licensed professional providing support to Human Resources Representatives when responding to reports of positive results, close contact or casual contact related to COVID-19. The COVID Support Rep (CSR) is responsible for reaching out to employee (contacts) who have been exposed to COVID-19 and completing assessments to determine risk level. Dialogue with contacts will be guided by standard protocols to obtain any symptom history and other relevant health information. This position will require prioritization, prompt action, and attention to detail in documentation and data management as multiple investigations may be conducted simultaneously. The CSR is required to follow all designated scripts and comply with policies and procedures provided by the health services, HR and EHS regarding confidentiality and data security for the handling of sensitive health information and protected health information.
The CSR will initiate prompt communication with people exposed exhibiting symptoms (contacts) through text, phone calls, email, and other communication platforms as necessary. Every effort should be made to communicate with the contact telephone or video conference instead of in-person.
- Will be the contact for employees at the Beech Island Mill who are reporting a COVID illness or COVID contact that they or anyone in their family has had.
- Complete COVID-19 assessment form when an employee calls to report an illness or exposure
- Forward completed assessment to health service, safety and department human resources representative
- Coordinating cleaning of lines and office spaces (as needed) by communicating to department safety representative of areas employee worked over the last 48 hours
- Inform employees manager and HR representative that the employee will be absent from work until released by health service
- Collaborate and coordinate with a team of public health professionals
- Utilize a computer, tablet, and/or cell phone with appropriate access to required applications, databases, and/or web-based platforms, daily. Document pertinent information in COVID-19 contact tracing forms, adhering to protocols for completeness, timeliness, and frequency.
- HR business partner contacts the CSR within 30 minutes of receiving the call and provides the above information to initiate an assessment
- CSR contacts team member within 30 minutes of receiving the information from HR and performs the assessment.
- CSR emails completed assessment to the following contact list: (HR Business partner, Health Services and EHS Team
- During reduced case load, CSR will be required to perform additional HR related projects as assigned by the HR Leader.