|Published||August 2, 2022|
|Location||Green Bay, WI|
Job Title: COVID Superintendent
Description: The COVID Superintendent reports to the plant General Manager and is responsible for directing and providing pandemic preparedness and response oversight for the facility. The position oversees development and implementation of pandemic response practices and audits adherence to those practices, ensures compliance with CDC, and OSHA requirements, and conducts root-cause analyses of plant level pandemic-related issues. The COVID Superintendent monitors and documents the effectiveness of the pandemic control measures used in the facility, and ensures alignment with the plant and corporate safety program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with General Manager, Human Resources Director, Training Department, Safety Manager, and Plant Engineer to cultivate the plant pandemic response culture.
- Serve as the plant level pandemic response subject matter expert.
- Infection control and occupational safety and health plans should apply to anyone entering or working in the plant (e.g., all facility workers, contractors, and others).
- Manage pandemic response resources and related departmental budgets.
- Manage plant level health crisis response team of four (4) COVID Supervisors.
- When necessary plan, request, and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
- Work within the plant framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
- Serve as the primary contact on pandemic issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with plant, business unit, and corporate level team members.
- Worksite assessments to identify COVID-19 risks and prevention strategies should be done periodically as part of sound occupational health and public health practice. As part of these assessments, facilities should consider the appropriate role for testing and workplace contact tracing (identifying person-to-person spread) of COVID-19-positive workers in a worksite risk assessment, following available CDC guidance.
- Create, manage, and review site specific pandemic compliance programming.
- Appraise and implement new health regulations as they relate to plant operations.
- Ensure that team members are adequately trained in pandemic response plan procedures.
- Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that pandemic-related emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
- Upon direction of the General Manager the COVID Superintendent and plant Safety Manager should reach out to state and/or local public health officials and occupational safety and health professionals and establish ongoing communications to make sure they are getting relevant and up-to-date information concerning COVID-19.
- The COVID Superintendent and management should also be aware of and follow all applicable federal regulations and public health agency guidelines.
- Oversee, manage and ensure pandemic orientation for all new team members.
- Review all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for pandemic related issues.
- Review subcontractor pandemic programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and CDC regulations.
- Conduct pandemic response audits. Audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the pandemic response plan and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
- Organize and conduct pandemic response training as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prefer a minimum 3-5 years safety, or engineering related experience.
- Four-year degree in safety, industrial hygiene, or engineering related field is preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation is preferred.
The COVID Superintendent is required to be competent in the following:
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Strong supervision skills
- Proven ability to lead others
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
- Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
- Proficient use of computer and corresponding programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement behavioral-based safety techniques to improve/maintain response plan performance
- Ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- All workers in the facility should know how to contact the identified coordinator with any COVID-19 concerns.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Plant Manager, Location: GREEN BAY, WI - 54305 , PL: 542138955