|Date Posted||September 14, 2021|
About the Position
These positions will be working in the COVID-19 Response Unit within Lane County Public Health. This section has been created in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and multiple roles are being filled to provide ongoing support to the response. Roles and duties may shift due to the need to have a flexible and adaptable response. Schedule: Hours vary - Minimum work availability of 3 days, 8 hours a day. Some Weekend availability is preferred.
About the Division
Public Health ensures protections critical to the health of all people in Lane County through surveillance, regulation, and response to infectious disease and injury risks. In collaboration with community organizations and partner agencies, Public Health promotes optimal health through policies, interventions, and population-health programs based on scientific evidence and emerging best practices, with a particular focus on ensuring all people in Lane County have opportunity and access to environments and systems that support their health.
Schedule: Hours vary - Minimum work availability of 3 days a week, 8 hours a day. Some Weekend availability is preferred.
*Thsi is a non-represented position*
Experience and Training:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Two years of general clerical and office assistance and/or community services experience.
An equivalent combination of experience and training that will demonstrate the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- One of the essential functions of this position is to travel within Lane County (occasionally outside of Lane County) to completed scheduled meetings.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic;
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress;
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required;
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism and in compliance with federal HIPPA requirements;
- Clear, legible handwriting;
- Proficiency with computers;
- Previous case management experience a plus;
- Second or multiple languages a plus.
This position is subject to a full criminal offender information record check. If fingerprinting is required, the fee is paid for by the successful candidate and the expense is non-reimbursable.
Offers of employment are contingent upon consenting to and successfully passing a drug screening test; negative results are reimbursable.