|Date Posted||January 8, 2021|
Kelly Services is seeking a COVID Grants Manager for the state and local government in Indianapolis, IN.
Job Title: COVID Grants Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Job Type: Contract
Est. Start Date: 1/18/2021
Hours: 8am – 4:30 pm, M-F
Pay Rate: $28.50 per hour
Purpose of Position/Summary:
The COVID Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing administration of the IDOH COVID federal grants.
- Act as knowledgeable resource for finance and administration to Division Directors.
- Works with Program Directors to develop budget plan for federal funds. Reports to CFO periodically on status of budget plan
- Utilize PeopleSoft Financials to monitor and report COVID spending throughout the fiscal year
- Oversee preparation and progress of Requests for Contract and accompanying contract attachments.
- Coordinate with Procurement staff for necessary spending of funds
- Maintain and make accessible financial files.
- Assist with procurement of vendors to include vendor selection and contracting.
- Oversee additional funds and projects as assigned.
- Act as a Finance representative during response meetings and activities.
- Perform related tasks as needed.
Federal Grant Functions:
- Prepare and submit all required financial reports to Federal funder.
- Oversee all financial aspects related to Federal grants and required reporting.
- Complete all necessary transactions for grant reconciliation at the end of each fiscal year.
- Prepare all closeout reports at the end of each fiscal year.
- Coordinate and submit progress reports for operational or budget adjustments as required by funder.
- Prepare projections of expenditures.
- Monitor costs monthly and adjust projections accordingly.
- Prepare the COVID grant application packets.
- Maintain and monitor PeopleSoft Financials queries to prevent overspending.
- Monitor inventory for subrecipient equipment purchased with Federal funds.
- Coordinate and perform subrecipient financial management reviews to ensure accuracy of accounts.
- Provide financial consultation and technical assistance to subrecipients.
- Monitor and analyze financial reports from subrecipients.
- Conduct subrecipient reviews to ensure compliance with policies and make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain contract, budget and financial files.
- Utilize PeopleSoft Financials for review and approval of vendor claims, processing of payments, and oversight of other expense transactions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extensive knowledge of the purpose, philosophy and operation of the Divisions
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and State laws, policies and procedures as they pertain to the Epidemiology Division
- Thorough knowledge of business administration practices and procedures and basic accounting
- Thorough ability to extend standard procedures and methods and develop new procedures and methods to deal with unprecedented situations.
- Thorough ability to work cooperatively with staff and representatives of state, local and federal agencies
- Extensive ability to read data processing printouts, analyze data and prepare reports
- Advanced knowledge of appropriate PeopleSoft Financials modules
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced ability to develop new or modify existing policies and procedures
- Considerable ability to apply problem solving techniques to address issues at the State and local level
- Considerable ability to communicate verbally and in writing with individuals or in group situations
- Extensive communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to work under extreme pressure.
- Extensive ability to coordinate and evaluate staff activities and recommend actions to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Extensive ability to establish the program goals and set priorities among competing demands
- Must be able to work under extreme pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet time-sensitive timelines
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] however, your resume should be uploaded via the “SUBMIT RESUME” button included within**
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.