|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
Medcor is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to work on a temporary basis as a COVID Desk Registered Nurse located at Paramount Studios in Hollywood, CA . This position will work 40 hours per week, 1:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday thru Friday with potential for occasional weekend and flexible hours. This position is temporary and will last 6 months with a possibility to extend.
The RN advocate will provide various COVID-19-related support services and functions to Paramount and/or to Paramount’s parent company, ViacomCBS Corporations and/or its affiliated entities. These services will be provided in compliance with their COVID-19 applicable protocols and procedures.
***Successful candidates will possess solid clinical skills, have at least two years' experience in Occupational Health, Public Health or applicable experience.***
A typical day in the life of a COVID Desk Registered Nurse
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Paramount guidelines and procedures related to COVID-19, including testing program and gate pass entry requirements, which may be updated or revised
- Responsible to be informed of industry and CDC clinical and operating recommendations and guidance related to public health and safety regulations and laws, including those applicable to COVID-19
- Responsible for implementing with respect to protocols and procedures to ensure performance of the COVID-19 Support Services
- Responsible to provide client customer service according to Medcor’s Mission Statement
- Responsible to be informed of all procedure or protocol updates to provide primary focus of COVID-19 related clinical education, guidance, navigation, and administrative assistance
- Coordinate and support individuals who reported to be positive for COVID-19.
- Support employees who respond “yes” to “PASS” health screening questionnaires
- Identify reportable quantity COVID-19 outbreaks and notify EHS representative who will complete reporting to agency
- Document all Medcor activity in the Veoci software system
- Coordinate and field general calls across the business to answer general COVID-19 questions, company protocol questions, quarantine/isolation timing, travel and testing questions, etc. – all based on information and resources provided by the company
- Coordinate the Virtual Triage referral with the employee to evaluate employees for COVID suspected symptoms or illness as needed per protocols
- Coordinate the Virtual Return-To-Work COVID-19 Clearance Service with the employee to screen employees for COVID return to work clearance
- Coordinate Medcor physician consulting services
- Maintain employee confidentiality and ensure that all information is collected in accordance with local data privacy and confidentiality standards
- Have valid unrestricted California RN license and current CPR/BLS certification
- Have 2 years of clinical nursing in occupational health or public health nursing (Other relevant experience may be considered on a case by case basis)
- Have strong computer and other technology skills (proficient with MS Office, navigate cell phones, texting, fax machines, etc)
- Possess excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Be able to follow processes and procedures with excellence
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Be good at prioritizing and multitasking
- Be willing to go above and beyond to give excellent customer service
- Love people and giving them the best care humanly possible
This position is required to work in an office environment designated by the client. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.