|Location||Prince Frederick, MD|
|Date Posted||October 21, 2020|
Medical Assistant - COVID-19 Tester
Who are we?
Our client is a patient-focused operator of urgent care centers across the US with centers in Maryland. Our centers are open seven days a week and provide walk-in care for injury, illness, minor emergencies, family care, and now COVID-19 testing at our clinics and off-site. Be a part of this critical need in our community!
What is our need?
We need to two Medical Assistants for at least 2 months at 40 hours per week as a clinical assistant to be part of a rapid COVID testing process. No prior experience with COVID-19 testing is required but you must have clinical training and experience. You will be working in a variety of capacities while on shift. There may also be an opportunity to be hired full-time with the company based on need and performance.
What are the responsibilities?
You will rotate for a day, or during the day, through 3-4 key roles that may include:
- Greeting patients and their families
- Screening patients and working registration (no EMR service needed)
- Swabbing patients (nasal swab)
- Lab processor using Sofia II machines
- Resulting to patients over electronic messages or in-person
- Perform additional duties as necessary
Key requirements to be considered for this job:
- Completion of an accredited professional clinical program, preferably with at least 2 years of clinical experience
- CPR, BLS and AED certifications preferred
- Strong customer service, with a friendly disposition and problem-solving skills