|Date Posted||September 15, 2020|
Medical Assistant - COVID-19 Tester
Who are we?
Our client is a patient-focused operator of urgent care centers in the Southeast US region and the largest network in Georgia. Our centers are open seven days a week and provide walk-in care for injury, illness, minor emergencies, family care, and now COVID-19 testing at our clinics and off-site. We are the largest private network of COVID-19 testing centers in Georgia and have recently been engaged by a large retailer to open public COVID-19 testing sites. Be a part of this critical need in our community!
What is our need?
We've contracted with a large retailer create Public COVID testing sites and are looking to hire 10 contract Medical Assistants or LPNs to work 36-40 hours per week as a clinical assistant to be part of a rapid COVID testing process. No prior experience with COVID-19 testing is required but you must have clinical training and experience. You will be working in a variety of capacities while on shift. These are long term contract positions with a guarantee of at least 3 months of work. There may also be an opportunity to be hired full-time with the company based on need and performance.
Where is it located?
Lawrenceville location to be determined
Please note that most sites will be “drive-thru” sites. All safety precautions will be taken for patients, contractors and employees, under the supervision of our company’s medical leadership. Lunch and water will be provided, along with planned breaks and cover from the sun.
What are the responsibilities?
You will rotate for a day, or during the day, through 3-4 key roles that may include:
• Greeting patients and their families
• Screening patients and working registration (EMR experience is required)
• Swabbing patients (nasal swab)
• Lab processor using Sofia II machines
• Resulting to patients over electronic messages or in-person
• Perform additional duties as necessary
Key requirements to be considered for this job:
• Completion of an accredited professional clinical program, preferably with at least 2 years of clinical experience
• CPR, BLS and AED certifications preferred
• Strong customer service, with a friendly disposition and problem-solving skills