|Date Posted||September 29, 2020|
Job Title: COVID 19 – Registered Nurse
Duration: 3 Months
Location: Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, NY
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Testing Site Operational Lead, the Registered Nurse provides procedural services to patients at testing sites, in particular COVID-19 specimen collection.
- Handle and transfer specimens appropriately and document the administration of services in EMR as needed.
- Serve other clinical and non-clinical roles as necessary to the mission of New York City’s COVID-19 response.
- Use appropriate PPE protocols to minimize COVID-19 transmission between themselves, patients, and staff.
- Uphold and maintain all patient and staff safety protocols.
- Support site-level efforts to maintain a positive patient experience for New Yorkers getting tested for COVID-19.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must be a registered nurse, with a valid license, be reliable for independent work, and be able to lead change as part of a collaborative team.
- Experience with procedural skills like swabbing, intramuscular injections, and phlebotomy is strongly preferred. Preferred Skills:
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with a variety of individuals, groups, and organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, transparency and accountability in all work products
- Keen attention to detail, flexibility and an enthusiastic work ethic
- Nasopharyngeal, nasal, and oral swabbing
- Intramuscular injection