|Published||September 20, 2022|
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
Are you a Registered Nurse working in infection prevention and control? Are you ready to provide expert consultation and advice to infection, prevention, and control (IPC) programs throughout Utah? If this is you, then the Office of Communicable Diseases needs you as an COVID-19 Nurse infection Preventionist in the Healthcare Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance (HAI/AR) Program to support the COVID-19 response. In this senior-level role, you will support healthcare facilities experiencing outbreaks of COVID-19, support a program to provide proactive Infection Control and Response (ICAR) assessments in long-term care facilities, and stay up-to-date with CDC and Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS) recommendations and guidelines.
In addition to the items listed above, as a COVID-19 Nurse Infection Preventionist, specific duties may/will include:
- Providing expert consultation and advice to infection prevention and control programs in a variety of healthcare facilities.
- Working with healthcare facilities to assess/evaluate their IPC programs in response to COVID-19. This will be done both in-person and virtually.
- Conducting educational outreach to stakeholders and external partners.
- Supporting the HAI/AR program in the development of guidance documents, reports and letters.
- Learning about and complying with the administrative requirements and processes of a state government position, e.g., data stewardship.
- Participating in writing and monitoring of contracts and grants.
- Submitting protocols to the institutional review board.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has experience with infection prevention and control (CIC preferred).
- Has knowledge of infectious disease transmission, process and control.
- Has experience in dealing with Federal Grants.
- Works effectively on a team.
- Has knowledge of evaluating and implementing infection control procedures against known standards of practice.
In order to be successful as a COVID-19 Nurse Infection Preventionist, YOU MUST HAVE
- Knowledge of infectious disease transmission, process and control.
- At least a BS in Nursing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong background experience with Google Office, Microsoft Office Suite, and Acrobat/Adobe
Why You Should Join Our Team
This is an opportunity to make a difference. Along with the satisfaction of helping healthcare facilities improve their infection prevention and control practices, you will receive great health and retirement benefits, such as generous paid time off so you can have a positive work life balance. Click here to view a summary of all the benefits we offer.
To learn more about the Office of Communicable Diseases HAI Program, click here . If offered this position, your continued employment will be contingent upon passing a fingerprint background check.
Example of Duties
- The typical office setting for this job is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated. However, you may encounter some risks that are associated with any office setting, for example, the safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Standard Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Telework opportunities available.
- This is a hybrid teleworking/in-office position.
- Travel is required.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.