|Date Posted||August 26, 2021|
Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for Case Investigators all over North Carolina. The Case Investigator will be responsible for contacting North Carolinians confirmed with COVID-19 infection to provide education regarding the recommendation to self-isolate, assess their ability to safely comply with the recommended control measures, and elicit information on close contacts. They will also assist with the vaccine support efforts of their local health department through non-clinical support.
- Maintain daily contact with Regional Supervisor or designated supervisor to receive assignments and make sure the needs of the local health departments are being met.
- Follow the set protocol for contacting assigned newly diagnosed COVID-19 case patients and document all contact attempts and timeframes promptly.
- Make sure all case-patients are given the contact information for their local health department or other resource support in case social needs arise during the isolation period.
- Use a scripted template to guide the interview process and assure all required questions are asked, the education given, and interaction is conducted with professionalism and empathy to encourage forthrightness.
- Explain the importance of adherence to control measures and the need for contact tracing to prevent disease transmission and keep communities healthy and ensure all follow-up questions are answered.
- Complete data entry for case interview and elicited close contacts into the designated system immediately after obtaining. This will ensure the contact tracers can initiate the notification process of all close contacts as soon as possible.
- Make or answer vaccine-related telephone calls on-site at the LHD or remote sites.
- Schedule vaccination appointments as directed by LHDs.
- Prepare registration packets, patient education forms, other forms supplied by LHDs.
- Scan or enter forms into LHD or DHHS systems for data entry.
- Support vaccine clinic logistics:
- Collect information from individuals on their COVID-19 symptoms, allergies, medications, and signed consent forms
- Assist in site set-up and break-down (tables, chairs) excluding handling of any vaccine materials, cleaning contaminated areas, or waste products
- Assist in directing individuals on-site to different stations where they need to go
- Assist with distribution of available PPE or other non-medical items offered by the LHD
- Other activities as mutually agreed by the Parties and within the bounds of the scope of work.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to assigned locations.
- Ability to exhibit a professional and positive attitude and a good work ethic
- Ability to prioritize workload, set and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow directions given by assigned local health department and regional supervisor to ensure the needs of the program are being met.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse populations
- Ability to think critically and use good judgment in all decision making
- Fluency in languages other than English is a PLUS
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- Proficiency with computers and must have high speed internet and either a PC or MAC