|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2021|
COVID-19 Advisor (Fixed-term role – 1 year)
- Work for a company with a world-class reputation for safety and performance.
- Fostering a collaborative team environment built on strong work ethics.
- Excellent opportunity to expand your career and develop your technical expertise
- Role based in Salt Lake City, UT
About the role
We are looking for a COVID-19 Advisor to be the Subject Matter Expert for the COVID-19 program at Rio Tinto Kennecott Copper. This is a one-year contract with possibility of extension
This role is a great opportunity to join a successful, dynamic and experienced team. Reporting to the Health Superintendent, you will be:
- Establish and maintain standards to manage current and future COVID-19 risks at RTKC
- Oversee Covid-19 Analyst position
- Document creation and control
- Onsite risk & control reviews and operational support
- Conduct audits and health checks of systems, facilities, processes, compliance and so on
- Engage relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Communications (internal, external, stakeholders)
- Facilitate improvement work
- Managing Palantir system – data, reporting, calibration, interfacing
- Working with Pay and HR to resolve issues
- Working with Rio Tinto COVID-19 Health team to integrate Rio Tinto requirements
- Following-up with positive test results and close contact tracing
- Daily case review meetings
- Escalating any abnormal cases or outbreaks
- All tracking and reporting requirements
- Working with RMCC for testing program
- Capturing and coordinating stakeholder concerns and questions
- Continuous improvement for COVID-19 program
- Reviewing emerging COVID-19 updates (scientific literature, CDC and Utah Health recommendations)
- Conduct COVID-19 related investigations
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Degree qualified in OH&S, Health Science, or Engineering.
- 5 or more years prior work experience in an OH&S Advisor Role, in Smelting, or similar Heavy Industry.
- The understanding of Business HSE requirements and procedures, lead projects, coordinate the deployment of HSE initiatives and being able to do data analysis, data quality check, procedure review, HSE communications would be an asset.
- Experience supporting and conducting internal audits. Experience supporting incident investigation using a root cause analysis method (such as Essential Factor) would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, very good management and very strong interpersonal skills
What we offer
Here is just a glimpse of our industry leading rewards package:
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan including 6% defined company contribution
- Generous 401k matching program
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Our Kennecott mine is a world-class, fully integrated copper mining operation, including a concentrator, smelter and refinery, located just outside Salt Lake City, Utah, in the United States. We produce copper, precious metals including gold and silver, molybdenum and sulfuric acid. Kennecott has been mining and processing minerals from the rich ore body of the Bingham Canyon Mine since 1903, and is one of the top producing mines in the world, comprising approximately 11 percent of U.S. annual copper production.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the
LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit www.uscis.gov/ for more information.