|Date Posted||January 1, 2021|
Job Description Summary
The Call Center Supervisor is responsible for providing front-line, first level supervision and leadership to customer service representatives (CSRs) with the goal of meeting program objectives and customer service level agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the work of customer service representatives to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems as needed
- Interview and recommend hiring and promotion of contact center staff, through partnering with Human Capital
- Develop work schedules and assign duties to direct report personnel to ensure efficiency
- Evaluate employees' job performance and recommend appropriate personnel action, including disciplinary action, performance improvement plans, and termination through partnering with Human Capital
- Discuss job performance concerns with employees to identify causes and issues and work closely with the Human Capital on resolving problems
- Ensure compliance with company Wage & Hour policy, including ensuring non-exempt employees get the rest & meal breaks
- Provide support and identify training needs and development opportunities, through weekly coaching sessions with direct reports
- Perform operational tasks to assure project and program service level requirements and goals are met, including analyzing direct reports’ quality performance and trending call types, and providing coaching on a regular basis
- Participate in meetings and recommend changes to policies and procedures
- Assume leadership responsibility for departmental tasks and contact center activities as required
- Support and enforce contact center expectations
- Participate in the work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or to overcome difficult aspects of work
- Assist direct reports with escalated issues or cases as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a call center environment required
- Ability to manage a high level of confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
This position is classified as limited capacity. This means that the duration of your employment with MAXIMUS is based on business needs and based on the contract requirements of the services provided.
- Must be available to work project hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Candidate is required to provide own computer equipment
- Pima County (AZ) residents preferred.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.