|Date Posted||October 3, 2020|
Contact tracing is part of the process of supporting patients and their contact with suspected or confirmed infection. In contact tracing, public health staff will work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the timeframe while they may have been infectious. The Contact Tracer also works with the identified contacts to the case and advises them on self-quarantine. Typical work activities include:
- Utilize excellent interviewing skills as you work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the timeframe while they may have been infectious.
- Notify exposed individuals (contacts) of their potential exposure
- Provide contacts with education, information, and support to understand their risk, what they should do to separate themselves from others who are not exposed, monitor themselves for illness, and the possibility that they could spread the infection to others even if they themselves do not feel ill.
- Encourage contacts to stay home and maintain social distance from others (at
least 6 feet) until 14 days after their last exposure, in case they also become ill.
They should monitor themselves by checking their temperature twice daily and watching for cough or shortness of breath.
- Check in with contacts to make sure they are self-monitoring and have not
developed symptoms. Contacts who develop symptoms should promptly isolate and they should be promptly evaluated for infection and for the need for medical care.
- Maintain data in contract tracing software.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent required
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.