|Date Posted||December 22, 2020|
The Contact Tracer will be responsible for contacting North Carolinians who have been identified as a close contact to a confirmed COVID-19 case. Contact tracers will use a web-based client resource management (CRM) platform to notify all close contacts of their exposure, determine presence of symptoms, refer for testing is needed, and provide the appropriate isolation or quarantine education and guidance.
Although contact tracers will prioritize notification of contacts by phone, there will also be the need for contact tracers to perform field visits to reach individuals who do not respond to electronic (phone/text/email) contact attempts.
- Follow the set protocol for contacting assigned named close contacts to confirmed COVID-19 patients and document all contact attempts and timeframes in a timely manner.
- If unable to reach close contact after set number of required phone calls/texts/emails have been made, perform field visit if residential or work address is available.
- Assure appropriate donning/doffing of PPE whenever in-person patient interactions are required.
- Use a scripted template to guide the interview process and assure all required questions are asked, education given, and interaction is conducted with professionalism and empathy to encourage forthrightness.
- Maintain daily contact with regional supervisor and assigned local health department to receive assignments and make sure the needs of the local health departments are being met.
- Make sure all case patients are given the contact information for their local health department and the Care Resource Coordinator covering their jurisdiction in case social needs arise during the isolation period.
- Explain the importance of adherence to control measures to prevent disease transmission and keep communities healthy and ensure all follow up questions are answered.
- Complete data entry for contact notification outcomes into the designated system accurately and in a timely manner.
- Immediately report problems or concerns with contact tracing progress to Regional Supervisor for trouble shooting and assistance.
- Support the Local Health Director in issuance of quarantine or isolation orders, when directed.
- Serve as data entry support for local health departments, as needed
- Must be able to travel within assigned region.
Windows,Access,Testing,Interpersonal Skills Other,Customer Service,Data Entry,Excel