|Date Posted||November 9, 2021|
** Must take, complete, and have a certification from ASTHO or John Hopkins***
The Contact Tracer will:
• Conduct outreach to individuals to discuss their potential exposure and provide approved information on self-quarantine procedures, what to do if symptoms develop, and if appropriate, make referrals for testing or other resources.
• Communicate with colleagues, supervisors and the public in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Systematically collect and record information in a centralized database.
• Collaborate with his/her supervisor in identifying and meeting project goals.
• Participate in ongoing professional development and related trainings as well as weekly team meetings.
• Maintain regular, frequent contact with supervisor.
• Conduct other related duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally, appropriately and effectively with a wide range of culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
• Excellent ability to think critically and communicate both verbally and in writing in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Computer skills are necessary and should include the ability to access and navigate various databases and software programs following training.
• Equally comfortable working individually and within a team environment that emphasizes interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• A background check is required. However, the circumstances of prior justice-involvement will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will not necessarily disqualify a candidate.
• Present evidence of identity and authorization to work in the United States (I-9 documentation)
Pay is $18/hr
Must be able to pick up equipment from Joliet, IL