|Date Posted||October 25, 2020|
Under direct supervision, assists in preparing and offers direct individual interviews for contact tracing for COVID-19. Work assignments are in-depth and may be of a broad scope requiring a substantial degree of responsibility and independence of action in helping to determine if close contacts were exposed to a communicable disease and facilitate testing.
* Assesses learning needs of specific clients and adjusts direct services to meet those needs. * Participates in field and office investigations of infectious disease; interviews close contacts of individuals who tested positive for COVID-19.
* Conducts interviews with individuals who are contact and at high risk of contracting a communicable disease in the community.
* Educates contacts on CD prevention issues such as disease spread, prevention and mitigation, including quarantine guidelines.
* Connects contacts interviewed to testing for COVID-19.
* Staff/Reviews assigned cases daily including contact tracing and notification outcomes.
* Completes interviews for 75% of contacts assigned within 24 hours.
* Triages telephone calls based on urgency and importance.
* Communicates daily directly with Contact Tracer Lead for case distribution and follow up including forwarding cases needing reassignment to appropriate persons in CD administration.
* Conducts field visits to prevent and mitigate outbreaks.
Education / Qualifications:
* High school diploma or higher
* Preferred experience public health, community health or disease intervention
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of software used for analytical studies and reporting, presentations, word processing, spreadsheets and databases. (Excel, Microsoft Word, Access, Teams and PowerPoint).
* Ability to communicate effectively with educational and culturally diverse populations in a courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to plan and organize work effectively and efficiently.
* Clinical knowledge is a plus