|Date Posted||September 15, 2020|
Goodwill TalentBridge is partnering up with the Chicago Department of Public Health to employ several individuals as Contact Tracers. Contact Tracers will assist with delivering communication surrounding exposure to an individual who tested positive for Covid 19. These positions do provide the opportunity to work from home. These positions are full time, temporary until next summer, and pay $20/hr. Please see below for more details.
Contact Tracers will play a key role in Chicago’s effort to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. This opportunity will allow individuals to contribute to the fight against the disease while working as part of the Chicago COVID Contact Tracing Corps.
Contact Tracers are responsible for communicating with persons who have had sustained close contact with a COVID-19 infected individual and providing them with information and guidance to interrupt/reduce ongoing transmission of the disease. Tracers will use a web-based platform to communicate with assigned contacts; obtain symptom information; refer contacts for testing and/or supportive services; provide instructions for self-quarantine; and obtain information about the contacted individual’s contact with others.
Contact Tracers must comply with all Chicago Department of Public Health and Chicago COVID Contact Tracing Corps training regarding confidentiality and the handling of personally identifiable information; and follow all scripts, policies and procedures established for the program.
This position offers full-time and part time work, with shifts available seven days a week, including evenings and weekends. The position is grant funded for a minimum of 10 months, with a possible extension for up to an additional 12 months (for a possible total of 22 months). Continuation of the position is dependent upon sustained grant funding and public health need.
NOTE: Learn-as-you-earn training opportunities to prepare for permanent, full-time placement in public health and related fields following completion of the Contact Tracing Corps are under development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Contact Tracer will:
· Conduct outreach to individuals to discuss their potential exposure and provide approved information on self-quarantine procedures, what to do if symptoms develop, and if appropriate, make referrals for testing or other resources.
· Communicate with colleagues, supervisors and the public in a professional and empathetic manner.
· Systematically collect and record information in a centralized database.
· Collaborate with his/her supervisor in identifying and meeting project goals.
· Participate in ongoing professional development and related trainings as well as weekly team meetings
· Maintain regular, frequent contact with supervisor
· Conduct other related duties as assigned