|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
Full-Time Temporary/Not Benefits Eligible
Located in Northwest Arkansas
This posting will be used to fill multiple positions
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Marshallese Preferred
The Contact Tracer is provided with a list of COVID-19-positive person's known contacts and reaches out to each of those contacts to help them safely quarantine, find alternate arrangements as necessary, and help them receive testing for COVID-19, if recommended. S/He may also help provide other assistance and referrals such as food delivery or alternative housing if they need extra support to safely self-quarantine. This position, with the support of a clinical care team, will also educate those exposed on the need to monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
Salary: $22 hourly
- Coordinates and manages relationships with the identified contacts and track the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED Plus four (4) years of customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Bachelor's degree
- Healthcare experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Marshallese
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or less
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Near visual acuity