|Date Posted||June 25, 2020|
Position Title: Leave of Absence Specialist
Position Number: 341949
Location: Hoover, AL 35244
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Human Resources, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Workday
**C2C is not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
COVID 19 Leave of Absence Specialist
Important member of the HR Operations team. Will support several programs designed to manage COVID-19 impacts within the workforce.
• Respond to calls, emails, and messaging from associates who demonstrate COVID -19 symptoms OR are exposed to other individuals demonstrating COVID-19 symptoms.
• Manage a caseload of associates who are presumed positive for COVID-19
• Interview associates to gather information regarding their symptoms, recent access to work facilities, recent travel, personal contacts, etc.
• Collect and record information from the case interview/contact tracing into dedicated tool.
• Communicate Quarantine Leave requirements and protocols in a professional and empathetic manner.
• Provide associates with approved information about quarantine guidelines and procedures including return to work procedures.
• Responsible for determining eligibility for various leave of absence programs
• Interprets and administers leave programs and policies
• Manages all administrative aspects of quarantine leaves and returns via Workday
• Provide follow-up instructions to associates regarding isolation/quarantine, symptom monitoring and assess the need for ongoing leave of absence support.
• Maintain daily contact with Team Lead and/or Supervisor regarding case load
• Communicate facility closure/opening details to Senior Level Executives
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent
• Previous HR experience, preferably as an HR Generalist or Leave of Absence Specialist
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
• Take required steps to maintain protected health information (PHI)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Critical thinking and sound judgment
• Workday Experience
• Public health related Experience
Candidate must be in the Birmingham area. Upon the conclusion of training and a trial period, remote work is possible. Candidate must provide documentation of high-speed internet availability at home, a quiet place to work with minimal distractions, and ability to work entirety of shift uninterrupted without conflicting responsibilities. Candidate must be flexible as scheduled days and times will vary based on demand will be scheduled in varied shifts from 7AM to 8PM.