|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||September 15, 2020|
The Community Support Specialist Outreach Coordinator will be part of a team comprised of Contact Tracers, Team Supervisors and Community Support Specialists who have similar hybrid remote/center location-based presence. Each team will be collectively responsible for working with the LHD to contact people diagnosed with COVID-19 and determine their contacts, helping make care plans for people with COVID-19 and their contacts, and maintaining communication and connecting contacts with various services (including social support structures, testing, clinical care, etc.). The team will provide education about COVID-19, on isolation, quarantine procedures and about relevant social services. The Community Support Specialist Outreach Coordinator will be a critical team member who establishes, strengthens, and supports working relationships with key segments of the community who are experiencing significant number of individuals who are diagnosed with COVID-19 and address priorities and concerns about those disparities of those diagnosed with COVID-19.
The Community Support Specialist Outreach Coordinator will conduct outreach (remote/in-person) in identified communities by developing and maintaining relationships with local community agencies and institutions to foster collaborative work between the community, the local health department and the contact tracing team by coordinating and participating in all aspects of community-engaged activities in cities and neighborhoods which are being negatively impacted by the COVID-19.
The Community Support Specialist Outreach Coordinator will:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a community outreach and engagement plan with identified community partners in high-need cities and neighborhoods who have a significant number of individuals who are diagnosed with COVID-19. This plan may focus on COVID-19 prevention, testing, proper quarantine/isolation, and treatment.
- Collaborate with local county health department and other county agencies to identify key stakeholders/leader from community settings, agencies, and programs that address public health concern.
- Foster new community relationships with non-traditional partner agencies and institutions to enhance public health outreach strategies.
- Be a liaison with the community agencies and institutions throughout the collaboration to ensure a smooth flow of communication and timely completion of any tasks between all parties.
- Coordinate, facilitate and/or participate in joint functions and activities (e.g. tele-meetings, in-person prevention/testing events) with local community partners.
- Assist with translation and/or adaptation of the COVID-19 outreach materials for optimal community acceptability.
- Conduct public-facing activities with professionalism as a representative working on behalf of the New York State Department of Health.
- Continue in the role of the Community Support Specialist to address the physical and social supports needs of those who are contacts under quarantine when not engaged in outreach activities and events.
- Is capable of anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Is a good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the project activities moving forward
- Is adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with activities and goals.
- Is an effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications among diverse groups of individuals.,
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with enthusiasm and professionalism.