|Published||May 27, 2022|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
Primus Aerospace is currently seeking CNC Set Up Machinists for 2nd shift, Monday - Thursday, 3 pm - 1:30 am on Traditional Lathe and Mill at our Lakewood facility. We are willing to pay a premium for experienced machinists.
Primus Aerospace is a leading manufacturing partner to aerospace, defense & space OEMs / Primes & Tier I suppliers. The company specializes in producing high-tolerance, complex geometry parts, machined out of standard and exotic metals. Working at Primus will afford you the opportunity to work with machines from Haas, DMU Mori, Mazak, Pacer, Mori-Seki, and Okuma.
Pay Range: $21.00 - $26.00/hour
The CNC Set Up Machinist supports manufacturing operations according to the company's Quality System and ensures compliance to customer requirements and specifications.
CNC Set Up Machinist Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Setting up CNC Mills and/or Lathes
- Confirms proper router and drawing to correct revision
- Reviews the program specifications to determine the sequence of set-up operations and dimensions of finished product
- Establishes a strong and reliable set-up for operators to follow, as well as fills out the proper instructions for the operator to follow
- Verify/meet expected cycle times and production expectations daily
- Keep scrap to 2% minimum
- Validate part quality through IPIC chart completion and verification
- Ensure tooling / back-up tooling is adequate
- Organization/cleanliness of work areas including support of a 5S program
- Work in close collaboration with our programming and operations teams
- Support a culture of employee engagement, team success, accountability and buy-in of company objectives
We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- paid holidays
- medical insurance
- dental and vision insurance
- short- and long-term disability
- Ability to set up CNC Mills and/or Lathes. Capability to set up both types is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a CNC set-up machinist.
- 3-axis Mastercam programming experience a plus
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, print reading, and mathematics
- Must have tools, indicators, micrometers, calipers, deburring tools, etc.
- Being a team player is essential to achieve success in this position.
To adhere to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
Our work environment is fast-paced and professional while providing continued growth fostered by our commitment to teamwork. We offer comprehensive benefits including PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, long-term and short-term disability.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities, we are taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 and associated variants pose in the workplace. Primus Aerospace is committed to supporting our employees while ensuring we continue to meet essential national security needs of our country.
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Primus will continue to require COVID-19 vaccination status for all employees including new hires. In accordance with applicable requirements, all current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated may be required to adhere to enhanced onsite safety protocols including weekly COVID-19 testing, face coverings, and social distancing.
The status of applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements are subject to change depending on applicable court orders and the course of ongoing litigation. Candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption.
At Primus Aerospace, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that supports, respects, and celebrates all individuals.