|Date Posted||May 17, 2021|
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system. OptumServe offers customizable solutions to serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Specialist, COVID National Response Program is responsible for contributing to program development, delegation of clinical oversight as assigned, and PQI investigations and analysis for OptumServe’s COVID Testing Programs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with the National Emergency Response Team to design, develop and implement new test sites, new products and services, as assigned
- Serve as infection prevention/control, point of care and COVID testing subject matter expert; provide guidance to on-site testing teams and Clinical Oversight and Quality Managers
- Demonstrate strong clinical thinking skills to evaluate clinical quality situations and decision-making skills resulting in effective problem solving
- Serve as subject matter expert for CDC/WHO/OSHA guidelines related to OptumServe National Response initiatives. Research and find evidence-based information and translate into actions
- Analyze data sets related to PQIs, provide recommendations and drive remediation
- Prepare materials to develop/implement Quality Management/Quality Improvement initiatives
- Develop/oversee/deliver operational and technical training, independently or in collaboration with organizational training elements
- Evaluate compliance with Federal, State and local regulatory and organizational guidelines.
- Evaluate programs and services against contractual requirements
- Ensure COVID National Response Team members address gaps in performance against internal procedures and protocols
- Apply metrics to evaluate services, employee performance and program outcomes.
- Read and interpret reports (e.g. performance, service)
- Identify causes of performance deficiencies and determine appropriate follow up actions
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to foster a culture of clinical excellence and build collaborative relationships
- Demonstrate organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize work independently
- Demonstrate agility and flexibility to respond to shifting priorities and role requirements/assignments as circumstances change or unforeseen situations arise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted active Registered Nurse license
- 5+ years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in a health care delivery system
- Quality experience and/or certification
- Experience with computer and web-based applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team building and writing skills
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment being adaptable and flexible
- Solid statistical, analytical and independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and information
- Ability to manage and prepare project documentation and plans
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 2+ years of leadership/supervisory experience
- Occupational health/infection control experience
- Managed care experience and/or insurance experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Specialist, COVID National Response Program, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home