|Published||January 25, 2022|
Are you interested in working for a mission-driven organization that continues to grow and is dedicated to providing quality services to its residents? Do you want your next job to offer you the opportunity to serve while allowing you to grow personally and professionally? Explore careers at Charles E. Smith Life Communities!
OUR CLIENT SERVICES MANAGER POSITION
This position is a key contributor to the ElderSAFE Center at Charles E. Smith Life Communities (CESLC). The primary focus for our Client Services Manager is to manage the ElderSAFE shelter admission process, collaborating with the resident, family members, the ElderSAFE team, and CESLC associates. Duties include: admission, accounting, social work, nursing and medical to evaluate clients for eligibility for temporary shelter admission, provide case management, coordinate services and safe protection of confidential information for shelter clients.
This position, reporting to the Director, ElderSAFE Center, is a social worker with LCSW credentials.
ABOUT CHARLES E. SMITH LIFE COMMUNITIES
At Charles E. Smith Life Communities (CESLC), we have team members who live our mission every day to provide quality health care and meaningful life experiences to older adults. CESLC provides a wide variety of career opportunities on our beautiful 38-acre campus located in Rockville Maryland. A career at CESLC offers an exciting opportunity to join a nonprofit faith-based organization where our team of over 1,000 members represent a very wide range of cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and faiths.
Our best in class total rewards package includes market leading compensation and benefits, health benefits through Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield, generous PTO, and tuition reimbursement.
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has made health and safety in the workplace a top priority for job seekers. We want to assure you that it is a daily focus for everyone at CESLC. We have a robust COVID-19 response plan that includes infection control practices with detailed cleaning and PPE guidance; COVID-19 vaccine requirement; rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols for staff and residents; and ongoing staff communication and education. As part of our health and safety measures, virtually 100% of our associates are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Visit this link for more details on the CESLC response to COVID-19: www.smithlifecommunities.org/coronavirus/.
WHAT IS OUR ELDERSAFE CENTER?
Our commitment to caring for older adults reaches beyond our campus. ElderSAFE Center (ElderSAFE), an award-winning program of Charles E. Smith Life Communities in Rockville, MD, was established in 2014 as a comprehensive healthcare-based elder abuse prevention center whose mission is to provide safe temporary shelter, education and advocacy on behalf of older adults (60 and above) who experience abuse, neglect or financial exploitation by a spouse, partner, family member, caregiver or another third party.
Eligible shelter clients reside at one of the skilled or independent living residences on the CESLC campus and receive comprehensive healthcare and trauma informed services, including: case management and state-of-the-art Holistic Therapy Program offerings (trauma-informed counseling, yoga, music and art therapy) during their shelter stay.
For more information on our ElderSAFE Center, visit: www.smithlifecommunities.org/care-services/eldersafe-care/.
This position is located at the ElderSAFE Center offices at 6121 Montrose Road in Rockville, Maryland.
SHIFTS & STATUS
This is an EXEMPT, FULL TIME position with standard hours from 9AM to 5:30PM (with flexibility to adjust start/end time). Remote on-call coverage after normal business hours is required and shared on a rotating schedule with other members of the ElderSAFE team.
- Manages the ElderSAFE shelter admission process, and collaborates with the ElderSAFE team and CESLC associates, including: admission, accounting, social work, nursing and medical to evaluate clients for eligibility for temporary shelter admission, provide case management, coordinate services and safe protection of confidential information for shelter clients.
- Input and review client information in the healthcare portal PCC.
- Manages the helpline (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) providing community referrals and resources to professionals and community members.
- Participates in care plan meetings for shelter clients and coordinates safe discharge from the temporary shelter program.
- Coordinates with internal team members and external partners to assist clients with medical, legal and other appointments during their shelter stay. Coordinate health care aides and transportation services to accompany clients as appropriate. Coordinate with outside vendors to schedule and provide trauma informed services to shelter clients.
- Provides safety planning to shelter clients in coordination with the ElderSAFE team and CESLC security team.
- Sends out communications to campus partners via campus security alerts upon client admission and discharge.
- Provides consultative guidance and training to CESLC associates on issues of abuse, neglect and financial exploitation.
- Assists ElderSAFE team in training internal and external partners on abuse, neglect and financial exploitation.
- Participates in internal and external meetings, coalitions and conferences.
- Maintains program data and assists in writing reports.
- Provides occasional after-hours coverage, in coordination with ElderSAFE team members.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- This position requires a LCSW or LCSW-C and a Maryland state license in Social Work.
- Two or more years of experience as a social worker providing direct services and case management to older adults in a health care setting, senior living community or Adult Day Care Center. Experience working with survivors of elder abuse, domestic violence, family violence or a related field is preferred.
- Models respect, empathy and professionalism to all clients, internal and external partners.
- Demonstrates a positive, collaborative spirit and a goal-oriented approach to meet objectives.
- Ability to work well with multidisciplinary professionals in a fast paced healthcare setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and written and oral communication.
- Ability to use Microsoft programs, including Excel.
Thanks for your interest in joining CESLC and the team in our ElderSAFE Center!