|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||November 19, 2020|
New York State has hired a team of staff working remotely to support the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) and Local Health Departments (LHDs) to perform COVID-19 contact tracing in communities across NYS. The aim of this initiative is to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, establish all contacts of this person, and proceed to call and maintain ongoing communication with every contact. In addition, the team will support the isolation and quarantine of individuals, as appropriate in cooperation with the LHD. This includes virtual needs checks and referral to community resources as needed. This contact tracing initiative is in tandem with statewide-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and knowledge of effective strategies to reduce transmission, and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in NYS.
The Team Supervisor will lead a team of approximately 20 Contact Tracers, who are working remotely, and one Community Support Specialist who will have the similar hybrid remote/central location-based presence as the Team Supervisor. Each team will be collectively responsible for working with the LHD to contact people diagnosed with COVID-19 and determine their contacts, helping make care plans for people with COVID-19 and their contacts, and maintaining communication and connecting contacts with various services (including social support structures, testing, clinical care, etc.). The team will provide education about COVID-19, on isolation, quarantine procedures and about relevant social services. The Team Supervisor is responsible for the leadership of team, tracking progress against target goals, providing direct supervision, oversight, and mentorship. The Team Supervisor will be the team’s point of contact with the LHD and NYSDOH structures. The Team Supervisor will also be expected to perform many of the daily functions of the Contact Tracer role, albeit at a reduced volume.
- Supervise a team of approximately 21 people that collectively performs all functions of the Contact Tracing Initiative.
- Coordinate the team's schedules and provide daily remote supervision and troubleshooting.
- Escalate issues from the team to local health department or regional DOH office point of contact, brainstorm and implement solutions.
- Communicate any process changes or new instructions to the team as appropriate.
- In consultation with the Case Investigator at the LHD, act as primary point person to call people with a positive diagnostic test for COVID-19, provide support and information about the disease and gather information including contacts.
- Triage and coordinate next steps for communication with and care for individuals the person has been in contact with including possible isolation or quarantine.
- Perform phone calls as needed, including to contacts who have been exposed to COVID-19, to places of business, health care providers, or other community-based locations where a COVID-19 positive patient has visited, and to refer patients and their families to different social services.
- Track daily and weekly progress for the team including cases contacted successfully, contacts tracked and monitored, and patients and contacts referred to social support systems.
- Perform quality assurance through listening in on calls or to recordings of calls and providing feedback to team as well as participating in quality improvement conversations with supervisors.
- Liaise with partners and stakeholders at the LHD, NYSDOH and local community.
Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
- The contact center will operate 7 days a week between the hours of 8am and 8pm. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- The position is considered full time with a 7 month engagement expected and the possibility to extend as needed. Employment is contingent on completion of a background check by NY State.