|Date Posted||October 20, 2021|
Buyer – Defense Strategic Procurement
Please note, there is a condition of employment regarding the Covid-19 vaccine. A detailed statement can be found in the basic requirement section of the posting.
As a Buyer for Rolls-Royce, you’ll play an integral role in developing and implementing external supplier and commodity strategies through effective sourcing and negotiation with suppliers. This is an exciting opportunity as you’ll be a part of the Supply Chain Management team and Defense Procurement team, working across the full product and service life cycle to ensure supplier commercial issues are resolved effectively and efficiently. You’ll also drive long term improvements in quality, cost and delivery whilst engaging with and supporting key stakeholders to enhance the commercial performance of Rolls-Royce for both our customer and our suppliers.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Working with suppliers to identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities in line with agreed contracts with deployment of relevant cost models
- Supporting the execution of sourcing and commercial activities to maximize the value proposition across designated commodities / categories
- Developing and deployment of relevant integrated commodity, category or supplier strategies by providing a clear vision and strategic framework for designated supply
- Selecting a supply chain capable of meeting quality and delivery requirements and ensuring the management and rectification of quality and delivery issues
- Ensuring all purchasing records and documentations are correct and maintained in line with regulatory requirements
- Nurturing effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to the function in order to support functional priorities
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
- An Associates degree with 4+ years of experience in purchasing, or
- A Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience in purchasing, or
- A Masters degree, or
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in purchasing
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be a US Citizen
In accordance with US Federal Executive Order 14042, its implementing guidelines, and our internal policies, candidates should be aware that after an offer is accepted, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for this position. Individuals who may need an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirements due to a medical condition or religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Please note, federal, state, customer or company policy COVID-19 requirements may change before or after the start date.
- Experience managing a diverse supply base of multiple commodities
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary. If you’re successful for this role you’ll be expected to work from home on a temporary basis. When Rolls-Royce updates the safety protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on required tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the organization.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
19 Oct 2021; 00:10