|Published||January 23, 2022|
|Location||Virginia Beach, VA|
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
The regionally based, locally hired Behavioral Health Advocate (BHA) will be the single point of contact for children, youth, caregivers, CPS, and related agencies to coordinating a child or youth in our Virginia program. The navigators are required to have experience working within the foster care system and have knowledge of services used by foster care children and youth, especially behavioral health services. The BHA will meet with CPS, and they will complete assessments, attend internal clinical rounds, make recommendations to the child and family team, and make certain essential medical and behavioral health services are provided to children and youth. The navigators will reach out to providers when needed, and will update information on the EHR.
Behavioral Health Advocate are responsible for coordinating and managing medical and behavioral health services delivered to youth who are in foster care. The BHA have experience working within the foster care system and also have knowledge of services utilized by foster care youth, especially behavioral health services. The BHA serve as the primary point of contact for the youth, their family, the state child welfare contractor, foster parents or group home placements and network providers.
This is a work at home position with travel up to 25% in the state of VA (travel will not be required until Covid 19 restrictions are lifted). Must live and be independently licensed in the state of VA.
Schedule is Monday - Friday, days
- Providing care coordination and serving as single point of contact for children, family, state foster care contractor, and/or the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ)
- Conducting assessments of child’s needs in collaboration with identified supports
- Developing a plan of care in collaboration with the youth, family, state foster care contractor and foster care placement to address member needs
- Reviewing and revising plan of care as needed based upon the needs of the member
- Providing outreach to network providers to ensure the delivery of appropriate services to meet member needs and the coordination of services among providers
- Working collaboratively with service providers, families, state child welfare contractor and child placing agencies to identify and access resources to meet the needs of members and support foster care placements
- Working with network providers to ensure timely access to services and coordinate service needs
- Providing outreach and coaching to members, families and foster care placement to encourage and promote treatment and service adherence
- Working with the member, family, state foster care contractor and foster care placement to identify and address gaps in services
- Responding promptly to emerging issues that impact services to the youth
- Provide education to members, families and foster care placements regarding relevant medical and behavioral topics
- Seeking consultation and support from other members of core and extended care team as needed such as RN, Medical Director, Provider and Community Liaisons
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Current, unrestricted, independent VA License (LCSW, LMFT, RN, LPC, LP)
- 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Experience working with children, youth and young adults in foster care or juvenile justice
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in trauma informed care and working with a system of care
- Care planning and care management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office based applications and the ability to learn in a web based virtual environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time in VA once Covid 19 restrictions are lifted
- Access to high speed internet from home (Broadband Cable, DSL, Fiber) and a dedicated workspace from home
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience working with youth who have serious behavioral health needs
- Experience working in a wraparound program
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, LCSW, LMFT, RN, Registered Nurse, LPC, LP, Social Worker, Care Advocate, Foster Care, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, Virginia