|Published||May 7, 2022|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The overall purpose of the Field Based Care Advocate is to improve the enrollee's ability to remain stable in the community and out of the hospital. The role is to engage the person in the treatment process and then assist him/her to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization. This position requires field visits going into hospitals, clinical facilities and in the community.
The Field Based Care Advocate position is also designed to be a direct clinical liaison between health plan staff and the clinical network. The program fosters a collegial and mutually beneficial relationship between the providers and payers of medical and behavioral health services.
This position will be in the field 25% of the time, the other time will be working from home. **Due to COVID-19, this role will initially function as a 100% work from home position until Care Advocates are able to resume field work.**
The schedule is Monday - Friday during normal business hours.
If you are located in Rhode Island, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Oversee initial inpatient admission for psychiatric and chemical dependency patients
- Complete assessments, implement plans of care and provide care coordination to member population
- Administer benefits, review treatment plans, and coordinate transitions between various areas of care
- Obtain information from providers on outpatient requests for treatment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Licensed Ph.D.
- Clinically independent LMHC, LICSW, LMFT, or LPC with an active and unrestricted license in Rhode Island
- 3+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Access to high-speed internet (Cable Broadband, DSL, Fiber Optic) and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Ability to be in the field in the assigned territory (Rhode Island) after COVID restrictions are lifted
- Reside in the state of Rhode Island
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Inpatient/discharge planning experience
- Managed care experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordinating benefits and utilizing multiple groups and resources for patients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Experience with utilizing electronic medical records
- Bilingual in Spanish
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.