|Date Posted||July 29, 2020|
Analytical Chemist for COVID-19 Research – Shreveport, LA
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking an Analytical Chemist for a Direct Hire position within a Research and Development group at a renowned academic institution in Shreveport, LA. The overall general job responsibilities are to utilize various chromatography instrumentation to conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses and experiments for research and development purposes related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Utilizing LC/MS, TOFMS, UPLC/MS, etc. to conduct designed laboratory experiments with high degree of expertise and attention to detail
- Documenting all experimental results in lab record books and appropriate Microsoft Office documents
- Improving or customizing analytical methods and equipment
- Maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation
- Preparing test solutions and reagents to conduct analyses
- Preparing SOPs and specifications for processes, products, or analyses
- Evaluating laboratory safety procedures to ensure compliance with standards
- MS/PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline
- 1-3 years of relevant laboratory experience preferably in a research environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Computer proficient, especially with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills and strict attention to detail
This is a Direct Hire opportunity located in Shreveport, LA. Salary is commensurate upon level of education and experience. This is an immediate need for our customer due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume for consideration.
Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.