|Date Posted||September 12, 2020|
- Minimum Education: Must have completed a program of education in nursing from an NLN approved institution.
- Minimum Experience: Preferred one year experience in health care setting as a Registered Nurse.
- License, Certification, Registration: must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
- Equipment/Tools: Office equipment (i.e. computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine) Medical equipment as appropriate for position (EKG, Cystoscopy)
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Able to practice nursing as described in the Alaska Status regarding the practice of Registered Nursing. Cognitive and technical knowledge required with the ability to manage care across the continuum of care. Must be flexible with work schedule and possess the ability for independent actions within prescribed limits. Able to utilize the nursing process in the provision of patient care. Able to administer treatments, medications, interpret diagnostic tests, provide patient/family/significant other education and collaborate with other professions.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work in patient care setting.
- Basic EKG skills
- Basic nursing skills.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to document actions involved in care delivery. Ability to follow guidelines and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Theoretical knowledge of the nursing process, care management, and continuity of care.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent draw and interpret graphs, and input computer information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise Unit secretaries and PCT’s in collaboration with the Charge Nurse
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruiting process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health