|Published||August 17, 2022|
Applications Accepted From: All Persons Interested
Division/Section: Administration Service Division
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm*
Subject to change*
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
This position is responsible for overseeing COVID-19 grants including the annual budget development, monthly/quarterly reporting, training, and communication. Manages, directs, and support budget staff members. Provides training and guidance to leadership on budget monitoring. Performs complex financial and statistical analyses, studies, and reports. Advanced knowledge on budget development, procedures, and systems.
- Provide direct supervision to budget analyst.
- Present and explain complex budgetary and financial analyses and make sound recommendations to senior management and city departments.
- Review and approve budgetary impact of contracts and other items to be placed on the City Council agenda.
- Completes special projects as assigned, working on a wide variety of financial, administrative, professional, management and community issues and problems of medium to high complexity.
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies, procedures for all aspects of the budget process.
- Writes detailed analysis reports with recommendations on a variety of budget and funding issues.
- Lead the annual budget development and reporting.
- Monitors departmental budget to spending levels.
- Provides strategic solutions to address projected budgetary concerns.
- Quantifies and evaluates budgetary impacts of requested program adjustments.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Curious Learners - We are never done learning and always seek to improve. We are curious and dive deep to ask questions and better understand the City. We are skeptical of anecdotes and are willing to take the extra step to get the answers that we need to provide better insight or advice.
- Expertly Aware - We are the experts. We understand our departments as well as anyone and, are a go-to resource for insight into what is going on in our areas of expertise. We also have relentlessly high standards for the work product we deliver and our skills and abilities.
- Geared Toward Action - We know that speed matters. We prefer to be decisive and not wait for others to tell us how to do something. We prefer to fail quickly and learn from our errors than to wait for others to tell us what to do or how to do it.
- See the Bigger Picture - We understand the City's strategy and financial plan and know how it relates to our work. We question the value of the activities that we perform and always look for better, more efficient ways to accomplish our goals.
- Customer Focus - Keeping in mind the needs of both our internal and external clients when providing information.
The position is physically comfortable, the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.